Quality Tire Maintenance & Care
At Parker Tire Service, we want our customers to know the best ways to properly maintain the tires on their car or truck. With these tips, you can improve your vehicle’s mpg, reduce tire wear, and expand the lifespan of your tires, guaranteed.
NOTE: Tire wear is unavoidable over time. The best anyone can do is to simply avoid the driving habits that cause tire wear.
How to identify wear on your tires
Replacing your tires can be expensive. However, checking the wear on your tire tread only costs a penny. Simply take a penny, turn Abraham Lincoln on his head, and insert the penny into the tread grooves of your tire. If you can see all of Mr. Lincoln’s head, then it may be time for new tires.
How to reduce wear on your tires
- Rotate your tires. At Parker Tire Services, we know that every make of every model has a different maintenance schedule. Usually every 5,000 miles or every 6 months is the best time to do it.
- Stay on a regular maintenance schedule. Plan your maintenance schedule with us, like tire rotations, alignment, and other tune up services. That way, you get the most out of your investment.
- Take advantage of our tune-up services. We make sure to check the levels of your brake fluid,
How to get the best gas mileage
- Check and/or change your air filter every 6 months to improve fuel economy and keep your engine running smoothly.
- Don’t top off. Don’t bother topping off when filling your car’s gas tank. Any additional gas is just going to slop around or seep out.
- Tighten up that gas cap. Gas will evaporate from your car’s gas tank if it has an escape. Loose, missing or damaged gas caps cause 147 million gallons of gas to evaporate each year.
- Go for the shade. The hot summer sun that makes the inside of your car feel like a sauna also evaporates fuel from your gas tank.
- Use the right oil. You can improve your car’s gas mileage by 1 percent to 2 percent by using the manufacturer’s recommended grade of motor oil.
- Always check for potential problems before they happen.
Get the most out of your tires. period.
When it comes to understanding the importance of vehicle safety, Parker Tire Services gets it. We know that it’s in your best interest to keep your tires well maintained so that you won’t have to take your vehicle to our technicians too often. Give us a call at (419) 822-8473 today to schedule your next maintenance appointment.